Sunday, December 15, 2013

weekend update

I had a GREAT weekend. I stayed inside Fri evening and all day Sat as Mother Nature saw fit to blanket us with about six inches. (And I don't mean the good kind;)

Today I took a good hour walk and got the stink blowed off, as Grandma used to say, and it felt refreshing to be outside. I'm guessing this was due to the snow blowing in my face.

After supper, Mr. G and I took Holly out for a stroll--more like a "walk two feet, sit, walk two feet, sit"--as Grandma H isn't exactly the liveliest at 10 years old. Mr. G said, "Maybe she's in pain and isn't feeling well." So I said, "Okay, let's go back to the car," and the bum got right up and didn't miss a step until we got to the car!

I can feel the arthritis in Holly's hips, though,  every time I help her up the stairs. I remember when we first got her. She'd race up and down the stairs, and I'd yell, "Holly! Stop skipping steps! You're gonna break a leg!" She'd jump to the 1st floor landing from about the third or fourth step up. Now it's so sad to see her needing help with every step. She was all cuddled up in bed with me this morning and I watched the snow falling outside and wondered how many more mornings like that we'd have together. Guess I gotta appreciate what I have while I have it:)


No comments: