Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hola, Turkeys!

I started my day with a nice long walk. It's sunshiney but a little on the cool side here today. I think it's only supposed to be in the 50's. I was glad I did my walking BEFORE lunch because I knew there was no way I'd be walking AFTER lunch:)

I made some of the Offspring to walk with me. Forced exercise is always a good thing, but I think I must have lost a few of them along the way. I started out walking with eight of them and one quickly dropped by the wayside--a victim of donuts, Coke and tobacky. Those little wusses have no lung capacity whatsoever. Why when I was their age, I was smoking three packs a day and walking to school uphill both ways, all the while puffing away on two Marlboros at a time. (And when I say 'school', I mean the liquor store.) That's multi-tasking, people.

But I'm guessing Male Offspring #6 wasn't the only one I lost since I only came back with four kids. Geez, I need to walk more often. Like they say, ya win some, ya lose some....

I will spare you the "I'm so grateful for" column this year. Just ASSume that I'm grateful for everything except disease, heartbreak and skinny jeans for men.

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

"Skinny-jeans for men." Yeah, just another PC-sounding name for "Varicose-Vein Support Stockings", once 'ballsingly'-referred to as MEN'S-hosiery...!☺