Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Get With The Program, Hong Kongians!

Crappy ear buds discussed may not be crappy earbuds shown
I rue the damn day we shipped all of our manufacturing plants overseas. Especially on a day like today when I was trying to mow my grass for what could conceivably be THE LAST TIME. This year.

There I was minding my own business listening to my Sansa portable media player--which, IMHO is THEE mp3 player for idiots. You got your 'forward' and your 'backward' and not much room to f up in between!--when my new earbud popped right out of my left ear. I put it back in and took a few more steps and the damn thing popped out again. About 15 pops later I yanked the earbuds out of my ears and went inside for my 'old' pair that was NOT made in Hong Kong.

I was perusing the internet lo some five weeks ago, when an ad popped up on my screen notifying me that a certain site had retractable earbuds on sale, and I thought, "OMG, Goddess, what an amazing coincidence! You NEED retractable earbuds cuz you're way too lazy to wind them up yourself!" so I immediately ordered FIVE FREAKING PAIRS. It's almost like the internet knows exactly what I'm searching for!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Goddess, why were YOU cutting the grass?! What happened to Manuel, your lawn boy?!"

Some of the offspring wave 'adios' to Manuel
A little thing called the I.N.S., people.  How was *I* supposed to know it was illegal to employ illegal aliens?!

To make a long story short, I have five pairs of earbuds that prove Hong Kongians don't know JACK about earbuds, and they ALL have defective left ears.

No, I shouldn't say that. It's wrong to make a blanket assumption like that. Let's just say all Hong Kongians in earbud manufacturing have defective left ears.


1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Hmm. Switch-ears, as in, L to R, and vice-versa. Even though you may have to listen in REVERSE-mode, of course???☺