Saturday, June 09, 2012

you were building my coffin you were driving my hearse

.
I was reading an article this morning that said the sales for Madonna's new cd MDNA have taken a nosedive.

After listening to samples of the songs on Amazon, I understand why.

Madonna has never matured as an artist. She doesn't take any chances...outside of pissing off the Catholic Church. And even that's been done to death.  She's still singing those popish songs on which she started her career.

Take the lyrics to "I'm A Sinner" for instance: "I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner
I'm a sinner, I like it that way." Wow, that's really deep for a 53 year old woman who has been in the music biz since the 1980's. Then she goes on to invoke Jesus and some of the Saints; at one point she's reciting the Hail Mary.... annnnnnd the world yawned. She's like a hack soap opera writer who keeps going back to the one story line that worked. (Sound familiar, Maria Arena Bell?!)

The only song that was a tad catchy was "Gang Bang" which is about her shooting her lover in the head. A lover, who "ended up with all of my jack". One can only ASSume it was Guy Ritchie. She casually mentions that she wants to that she wants to see him die 'over and over and over and over and over and over...' One might think there was a bit of animosity there.

Then we get to the chorus "Bang Bang, shot you dead, shot my lover in the head." At times the lyrics of this cd sound like fifth graders wrote them. In "I'm A Sinner": "All the boys, all the boys and girls Wanna be like us tonight".


1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Yeah, thanx anyway---but I think I'll just stick with my weekly-reruns of "Top-40's".

I mean, a lot of the artists, even "back-then", were closet-gays or lesbians---but, dammit, they at least had TALENT(Freddie Mercury, Elton John come to mind.) F.M. had, Elton still barely has, talent----even if I don't appreciate the lifestyle.

And, MOST of the lesbians at least LOOKED HOTT.(Dusty Springfield, and later, Joan Jett?)At least a fella could still salivate over-such, with a clean-conscience...!☺