Saturday, February 19, 2011

blonde cancer scare

Ever since I saw a news story that said dogs can sniff out cancer, I've been worried spitless every time my dog starts sniffing around one of my body parts. Not that that's ever a good sign anyway, but usually it just signals the need of a good hott shower.

The other day she was laying on the floor sound asleep and I sat down next to her. She didn't budge. Then I pulled up my pant leg and started scratching the back of my calf because my skin is so dry. My dog immediately got up and started sniffing where I was scratching.

I'm like, "Hey, no big deal, Dog. I have dry skin in the winter like a zillion other people, don't turn it into cancer, Dog!" Then when she kept sniffing, it bugged me so much I called Mr. G into the room and showed him.

He watched for a few seconds, then said, "It doesn't look like she's smelling your calf so much as your fingers where you're scratching."

I said, "Oh, I just finished eating a chocolate chip cookie. Never mind."

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

What I REALLY thought, when you called Mr.G in to look as well?

I was waitin' to hear you report that HE started sniffin' an' a-lickin' at the back of your calf, as well---especially once you mentioned chocolate-chip cookies...!☺