Sunday, January 02, 2011

you're not wearing THAT, are you?

Dress pants
I was walking down the aisle at Dollar General the other night when a guy stepped out in front of me from a side aisle.

I immediately gave the universal sound of surprise "whoops!" and stepped back, and when he crossed in front of me, I glanced down at his pants and almost burst out laughing.

NOT dress pants!!

At Christmas, I gave Mr. G two pairs of flannel "sleep pants" which we women appropriately call 'PAJAMAS'. Along with the pants I gave him this warning--the very SAME warning I gave him when I gave him boxer shorts: "If I EVER catch you wearing these in public, I WILL BURN THEM!!!!"

The reason I almost burst out laughing when I saw the dude at DG is because he was wearing the exact same pants I gave my husband and I thought, "Hmm, some lady just lost that battle." Worse than the pants, though, was the fact that Mr. No Fashionsense actually tucked his t-shirt into the pants as if that somewhat legitimized them and made it an "outfit". IT. DID. NOT. He just looked even more ridiculous.

2 comments:

Texas Ghostrider said...

better then "pants on the ground"......

BRUNO said...

PAJAMAS??? Who the hell wears THOSE anymore---at least, to SLEEP-in? LOL!

It's bad-enough wakin'-up in the morning with a pair of "Fart-Mufflers" wadded-up in mah ass---let alone an entire WARDROBE!☺

My wife looks like an all-pro linebacker, with all the stuff she piles-on to sleep!

Although I think it's only purpose is to "discourage"-me!

And, by-damn if it doesn't WORK, too...!