Tuesday, December 21, 2010

as Petula Clark once said....

"It's a sign of the times."

Our boss is giving every one a money gift, and we called the employees today and told them about the gift, and that they could pick it up at the office.

One employee called and bitched because we closed at 4 and she worked till 5. She was all attitudy with me and said, 'How am I going to get my bonus?"
I said, "That's not really my issue, but can't you get someone else to pick it up for you? If I had a gift waiting for me, I'm sure I'd find a way to get it."
And she said, "I guess I could get my cousin." Oh, and then she told me to make sure it was taped shut so her cousin couldn't see how much it was, despite the fact that her cousin got the same amount.
I said, "You're welcome," and hung up.

Whoop de frickin do! I'm sure the boss could keep your damn Christmas bonus if it's that much of an effort on your part to pick it up

People amaze me...and not in a good way.

That having been said....here's Petula

2 comments:

BRUNO said...

My wife got a Christmas-bonus: a 16-hour day. No, not the PAY for 16-hours---the actual TIME-of 16-hours.

Why?

Because someone similar to the one YOU mentioned just flat-out told the Boss-Lady that she "simply MUST get her late Christmas-shopping done, TO-NIGHT!!!"

Yeah, she had been working there for almost three-whole-weeks already.

(Did you notice I said that she "HAD-been-working" there for almost three-whole-weeks already?)

This goes PERFECTLY with your previous-post on "That's Just The Way It Is..."!

Wifes'-boss ain't as "compassionate", as yours is...!☺!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, and I'm guessing she was totally mystified as to why she was fired because they're always clueless.

I guess it's work ethic because I can't even imagine taking off to SHOP.