Friday, September 03, 2010

why did i waste my time on this movie too?

Just finished watching Why Did I Get Married, Too from Tyler Perry. Geez, talk about going overboard with drama, then coming up with a trite ending to all their problems. Perry is the king of that in this movie.

SPOILER ALERT! Gavin, husband of Janet Jackson's character dies in the end. The friends all say goodbye to him, then the movie jumps to a year later. Dwayne Johnson comes on and flashes his pearly whites at Janet--thus insuring Perry can bore us with a sequel-- Perry cuts to happy music and it's all over.

There's your neat, little happy ending all tied up with a red ribbon. And there's also two hours and one minute of my life I'll never get back....

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

I got married because---uh, hell?---I don't remember WHY, now that I think about it?

Shee-it, I do good to remember WHEN, anymore.

Or why she still IS, to ME...???

Shrinky said...

Thanks for the invite hon, promise to be a better blogger with my visits in future. As for the movie - mehhhhhh, I am sick and tierd of the box, even movies, thesedays. Think I need to find me a hobby, or something!

*Goddess* said...

Oh Bruno, you know you got married for the same reason all guys get married: because SHE SAID SO! lol...

*Goddess* said...

What amazes me, Carol, is that the movies are getting longer and longer--this one was two hours--and sadly, "longer" does not always equate to "better".

BRUNO said...

Oh no, no, no, uh-uh!!! I ain't touchin' that piece of "bait" layin' out there, in the disguise of "longer" does not always equate to "better"!

Nope, some other "sucker" can step in THAT-trap this time...!☺