Monday, April 19, 2010

he said, she said



Since Mr. G and I paid off da trailer...YAY!...we've been putting the money that we normally paid on the mortgage into savings. Well, my work has been really shitty lately and the bills are piling up with all the car inspections and registrations coming due.

Sunday when we were walking, he said, "Last night I was laying in bed thinking that instead of putting the money in savings, we better spend it on inspections and registration because we're going to be too far behind financially since the taxes are due, along with the car stuff and all our regular bills."

I said, "You know what I was thinking about in bed last night? Last winter, when I took out all the hats and gloves, you didn't have one pair of gloves. Then I bought you three pair this winter. Yesterday when I was rounding up all the winter stuff to store, I didn't find ONE PAIR of gloves for you. And I'm not buying new gloves next winter!"

He said, "THAT'S what you think about in the middle of the night?!"

I said, "Yes, three o'clock in the morning, I'm laying there trying to figure out how you could have lost three pairs of gloves!"

Then he said a tad sarcastically, "I'm so glad all of our REAL problems have been solved that this is all you have to think about..."

Hey, they were damn nice gloves I bought him and I STILL don't know where they are!

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

Savings. Pfffttt!

What the HELL is that?

Must be kinda like "Round-Tuit's": Hard to get one, when ya' need it...!

*Goddess* said...

Yeaaaaah, what I didn't say was that because my work is so shitty right now, two months out of the three, we ended up taking it right back out again for car repairs, blah blah blah...

BRUNO said...

Yeah, but don'tcha feel GOOD for a couple of weeks, somewhere in that THIRD-month, where you actually have a temporary surplus?

"Buy it while ya' got the money for the necessities, and scrounge until the next payday."

Feast and famine, my dear---feast and famine....!

*Goddess* said...

"Couple of weeks"?! More like couple of minutes....

BRUNO said...

Yeah, but just like SEX: Those couple of minutes are still worth it!☺

Sorry, I just couldn't let it "rest"...!!!