Tuesday, March 30, 2010

let's all go to the lobby

I had an unexpected day off thanks to the very manipulative PITA that I work for now, but I was able to relax and enjoy it, watching two of my Netflix choices, Four Christmases and Planet 51.

Planet 51 was cute, but it lacked a little something....like a plot. An astronaut from earth lands on this alien planet, which is stuck in the 50's. Then he spends the next hour and a half trying to get back home. Ummm, what the HELL did he come for in the first place? There was no plot explanation for his arrival whatsoever.

My favorite part of this movie was when the astronaut's iPod fell out of the spaceship onto the ground and started playing 'The Macarena'. The aliens all fell to the ground holding their ears and moaning in pain. Their commander said, "I've never seen such a heinous weapon. We are up against a cruel enemy."

Favorite lines from Planet 51? Glad you asked.
Skiff: "With all due respect, I've put in the hours and done a lot of alien research at work."
Lem: "What are you talking about? You work in a comic book store."
Skiff: "The greatest source of scientific knowledge."

Then I watched 'Four Christmases' starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. This was a surprisingly good movie considering it starred Vince Vaughn. Kate (Reese) and Brad (Vince) enjoyed spending their Christmases on trips, away from their families, avoiding any hassles, avoiding any real ties to each other. Unfortunately their families saw them on TV talking about how their flights had been canceled due to heavy fog, and they got roped into spending Christmas with each of their parents and their extended families. The ending was very funny, too.

Favorite line from this movie?
"You can't spell 'families' without 'lies'." LOL!! Reminds me of one of my all time favorite lines from a Christmas show, "My mama said Christmas ain't Christmas till somebody cries!" from Donkey in Shrek the Halls.

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

ANY movie they could make that'd be based on any of MY "out/in"-laws would need to copy the plot of one of Bruce Willis' "Die-Hard"-productions!

Well, of COURSE I'd play Willis'-part---I ain't no damned-fool...!☺