Sunday, February 28, 2010

we used to LOVE these!!

Gawd, how we loved our Fizzies when we were kids, and we could only get them at Gee Bee Markets.
They were like an Alka Seltzer tablet. You dropped them into a glass of water and they fizzed into root beer or cherry or whatever. Weird thing is I don't remember having to add sugar.
Wonder what gives with this voodoo lemon lime? Some bleeding heart would have a field day today talking about how politically INcorrect it is. We never paid attention to that shit. They were just good cheap sugary drinks!



10 comments:

BBC said...

I don't recall them.

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO SOME GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE I worked out there for them for about three years.

*Goddess* said...

Wow, hope no one was injured.

BBC said...

No one was injured and they got the dogs out also.

FHB said...

I probably would have eaten it dry, like Tang. Nothin' like Tang and an ice cube. Stick the ice cube in the powder and let it stick to the cube. Then take it out of the powder and suck on it. Genious, eh?

*Goddess* said...

OMG, you didn't even MAKE the Tang and freeze it into cubes? LOL...now THAT's hungry for sugar when you can't take the time to freeze up the cubes first.

Mushy said...

Can never think of Fizzies without thinking of Pop Rocks...and you know what those did for me!

Shrinky said...

I can't remember the name of our version, but ooooooooooooh, t'was good! (Shit, I feel old now - cheers, Goddess!)

BRUNO said...

Shitty-taste, nasty-colored tongue, kind of a "pukey"-feeling on an empty-stomach?

Yeah, I remember 'em, now! LOVED the effects!

Especially when one of my SISTERS would drink one!(Watch 'em HEAVE!)

Oh, how I enjoy these trips through memory-HELL...!

*Goddess* said...

Awww, Bruno, you are such a sensitive soul:).

BRUNO said...

Yeah, the bottoms of my feet DO hurt---thanks for the compassion!

Oh, sorry---wrong SOLE! You were talkin' SOUL, as in FEELINGS!

Yeah---RIGHT...!!!