Saturday, February 06, 2010

since we've no place to go let it snow let it snow let it snow


I was in a VERY deep sleep this morning at 3 a.m. when my husband shook me awake. This is it, I thought, the 3 a.m. booty call!

WRONG.

It was the 3 a.m. help me shovel my car out of a snowdrift call.

Damn. So close and yet so far away.

WARNING: don't EVER offer to help someone shovel. They will take you up on it, regardless of the ungodly hour.

We got almost two feet of snow out of Snowmagedden, and of course, the damn cats HAD to go outside. It was rather comical to watch their reactions when I opened the laundry room door and they were met with a wall of snow. One cat decided to jump OVER the snow and dropped right down into it. She came flying out of the snow pile and right back into the house, thoroughly insulted that nature dared to diss her that way.

I didn't think we were going to get as much snow as they were predicting. Actually it was hard to tell what we were going to get since they kept upping the ante every time they gave the weather report. BUT like any conscientious person, I stocked up on all the essentials: cookie dough, diet Pepsi and Dove milk chocolates.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

9 comments:

Juliana said...

Shovling at 3am? I live where it snows A LOT and I think I would only get up that early for the baby, a winning lotto ticket or sexy time.

BRUNO said...

Well, at least you still have power, for the Super Bowl!

Umm-m-m, you DO still have power, as in, electricity, don't you???

(Slowly walks away, lightly whistling, with that "I didn't do it!"-look on his face...)

*Goddess* said...

HA! I do indeed have power. Oddly enough, it never wavered. I guess because the snow came down so slowly. Plus there were no winds.

*Goddess* said...

BTW, I would totally gloat right now about not losing power...but I'm afraid we'll lose power.

And our "official" total was 28 inches.

BRUNO said...

HA!!! I'll bet that double-post came from a fricken' POWER-SYSTEM-BLINK, didn't it?

Are we suddenly feelin' NERVY???

*Goddess* said...

Nervy...with caution! lol

BBC said...

So I made a snow plow a while back and I guess I'm not even going to be able to use this year. But I'm enjoying my new wood splitter.

*Goddess* said...

Braggart!

Glad someone is having nice weather...

Shrinky said...

Shovelling is a "blue" job, I only do "pink" chores, even if hubby is away, a dusting of snow in the drive and it's a snow day..