Thursday, February 25, 2010

Aging Hippies, this one's for you

I went to the grocery store on the way home from work today to pick up a peanut butter suet treat for the birds. (I want them to like me better than they like Mr. G, so I go out of my way to buy them little treats to keep their bellies full and warm.)

As I got out of the car, there was an aging hippie in the vehicle next to me. He had long grey hair, round wire glasses and a pony tail. The only thing Chong was missing was his bestest friend, Mari Juana.

As if being forty years behind the times in fashion and hair styles isn't sad enough, you'll never guess what he was BLASTING on his car radio: "Baby I'm a Want You" by Bread. And I mean "BLASTING" as in 'I would have felt the bass.......if there was any'.

People, there are some songs that SHOULD be blasted in the parking lot, songs like Flo Rida's "Right Round" or P Diddy's "Last Night". On the other hand, songs by Bread should not only be avoided at high decibels, they should be BANNED COMPLETELY from the airwaves.

I believe Cartman summed up my feelings best when he said, "I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!"

And smash their car radios.

6 comments:

Mushy said...

There seems to be one or two of those dudes or dudettes in most cities of any size around the country. I've seen'em too and always think the same think...when did you bathe last? Or, why don't you cut that once white, now yellow ass hair off! Maybe it's just the Mary Jane smoke that turned it yellow!

Although, I have sung a Bread or two songs in the shower over the years.

*Goddess* said...

Anything is acceptable in the shower...even Sesame Street songs you just can't get out of your head.

BRUNO said...

I like "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood"-theme!

(Well, admittedly, I DO change the lyrics, just a bit???)

HEY!!! It's STILL better than "Pee-Wees' Playhouse"-tunes...!

FHB said...

Bread? Shit, that ain't hippie music. That was mid-to-late-70s get yer girlfriend to fuck you music... In the suburbs anyway.

Now it's practically Country music.

*Goddess* said...

And that WORKED? I find it's hard to fuck and laugh my ass off at the same time...but it's been done.

BRUNO said...

O-o-o-o-o!!! Burnt his house TO-THE-GROUND with that one!

An' it's STILL a-smokin'...!!!