Sunday, December 06, 2009

oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree your branches blue delight us

Sneaking over and adding Miracle Gro to the neighbor's Blue Spruce tree all summer long has really paid off for me. It is going to look soooo nice in our front window.

I made the male offspring read several articles about the dangers of using a chainsaw at night time, then bundled them up and sent them off with some hott chocolate, a floodlight and a well oiled chainsaw.

I'm not much on power tools, does anyone know if you can get a silencer for your chainsaw? Just askin' is all....for next year.

I also gave them strict instructions NOT to drag the tree directly home after the cops followed the trail of pine needles right to our place last year. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I told them to take a sled with them, drag the tree to a neighbor's yard and at that point, put it on the sled and then pull it home.

The cops will be none the wiser.

It's like I have to tell those kids everything.

No comments: