Monday, December 14, 2009

my dog is insane


My dog keeps eating these stupid burrs. Well, I guess they're burrs, that's what we've always called them.

She'll eat them, then they'll get stuck in her throat and she'll race around frantically eating anything she can to make herself throw up. And I mean ANYTHING, including dryer sheets, grass, paper and dead leaves. The cycle is lovely to watch.

One would think that once you've gagged on something about twenty times, you'd know better. Apparently not. I don't even know why she eats the stupid things. I'm guessing they must taste like chicken...

2 comments:

BRUNO said...

Them damned things are like natures' razor-blades! Almost as much fun as sand-spurs!

I don't know the proper name offhand, but they're a type of thistle, as opposed to the "standard" cockle-burr. These things make ya' bleed BEFORE ya' feel the pain! That's how sharp they are!

If they taste like CHICKEN, it's only because a chicken has just done a suicide-run into a patch of 'em...!

*Goddess* said...

Weird thing is after I posted that, I googled "dogs and burrs" and there were a lot of people talking about their dogs eating burrs, too. I think they said it was a milk thistle burr. Dumb, dumb, dumb. They don't even LOOK appetizing.