Saturday, November 21, 2009

i'm getting the cold shoulder....or should i say the 'chili' shoulder?

It's been a very quiet few weeks around the old trailerstead. The offspring are still pissed at me because of what happened Halloween night and they're giving me the silent treatment. If I had known it would be this blissful, I would have provoked them long ago.

They think I embarrassed them in front of their friends because I gave everyone chili for Halloween. Hey, it was a cold night and I thought it would warm them. Why am I wrong for wanting to warm the bodies of little children as well as nourish their souls?! Besides chili beats out stupid nickels and pencils any day!

Sure in hindsight it would have been better if I put the chili in some sort of container first, but ladling it right into their treat bags was much more cost effective.

1 comment:

FHB said...

Damn. I bet it smelled good.