Sunday, November 15, 2009

driving slow on sunday afternoon


I am enjoying a nice, relaxing Sunday. I had a great walk. The weather is gorgeous and I had my MP3 player all loaded up with new rockin' tunes. Flo Rida's Right Round is an EXCELLENT song to walk to if you're looking for a fast pace. Michael Franti's "Say Hey" and Sean Kingston's "Fire Burning" are also good songs to get you moving.

At this point in time--third quarter--I can tell the Steelers aren't doing as well as Mr. G thinks they should because of all the swearing coming from the living room.

I'm waiting on the arrival of two books. I was hoping at least one of them would be here in time for the weekend, but it didn't happen.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do about Thanksgiving. Do I cook again or go to Ryan's? On one hand, I have no clean up. On the other hand, I have no left overs. I always make my own pumpkin pies anyway, and I think I'm leaning towards cooking. Mr. G takes the offspring to a free lunch for po' people and that gets them out of my hair. I mean, that insures they have a hot meal in their little bellies. That also insures they're still full at supper time and I can enjoy the lion's share of the pumpkin pie and Cool Whip. I spent a lot of money last year shopping for the holiday, but most of that was for spices. I still have them, so I'd basically have to buy the turkey, bread for stuff, celery, onions, pumpkin and canned milk. The rest I have. It will cost us about $40 to eat out, so I'm not sure what I want to do.

And how is your day going?

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

Wanna know exactly what I'm lookin' forward to on "T-Day"---all joking aside, swear to God?

All I want is a plate of good ol' "suthun-fried" chicken(not that KFC-crap, either!)and a "near-fatal" supply of peach cobbler, an' a bottomless-glass of Luzianne-tea!

Oh, and of course, the REAL "reason-for-the-season"---my weekly dose of FOOTBALL...!!!

*Goddess* said...

Well I sincerely hope you get all of that and more! And I hope your favorite team wins..,. cuz that never hurts. lol:)

bugs said...

I'm sorry, did you say swearing? Must have been drowned out by all of the cheering.....;)

*Goddess* said...

I can't rain on your parade, Bugs. After all, we've had YEARS of cheering for the winning Steelers...LOL!