Saturday, November 07, 2009

do you mean what I think you mean?

I found a really interesting site called Song Facts.

They tell you what the song is really all about--some are actual true stories and some are just guesses by posters--and even include a YouTube vid of the song on the same page.

I immediately had to look up all the meanings to my favorite Stevie Nicks songs. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, "I love Stevie, but her shit don't make no sense." It was hilarious to see the videos of Stevie with all her 80's big hair.

From there it was interesting to read that "Don't Come Around Here No More" was written by Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics after he and Stevie had a one nighter. She booted him out the next morning...LOL!

I was also shocked to read that lots of people think "Every Move You Make" by The Police is a LOVE SONG! Are you kidding me?! It has "stalker" written all over it so I'm going to assume it's the stalkers who find it so romantic.

Ok, I'm off to look up some Tori Amos stuff cuz her shit don't make no sense neither.

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

That's damned NEAT! Although, like you said, most are just "opinions".

I could spend a half-day over there---and probably will....!!!