Thursday, October 15, 2009

na na hey hey goodbye Sherri Shepherd

I'm not a fan of The View, but I've always loved Sherri Shepherd's scenes on Everybody Loves Raymond, as the Sarge's wisecracking side kick.

I think comedy is her forte, so I was happy about the fact that she was getting her own show. Yes, away from the yapping mouths of The View and tough questions like, "Is the world flat?"

So I tuned in. Apparently Shari dumped a cheating ex and this show reflects her 'real life'.. I made it all the way up until Shari said, "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw a white girl, we're done."

Immediately I thought, "OH. It's going to be one of THOSE shows, where the "humor" is based on race, instead of the differences between men and women. Where black people put down white people and it's perfectly acceptable to do so."

I expected so much more from her. Thank God for the "off" button.

1 comment:

911 and the Randomness.. said...

Amen! I thought the same thing.