Thursday, October 29, 2009

got back up?

My hard drive crapped out on me Friday night. Thanks to a computer guy who works all hours of the night and $300, I was back in business Monday.

It was almost comical when he called me at 12:45 a.m. Monday morning and asked me if I wanted to swing by and pick up my sweet lil laptop.

Comical if I hadn't actually been considering pulling on a coat over my jammies and going.

Anywho, I had most of my files, thanks to Stacey's column on backing up your files and my ClickFree. Too bad my Gateway restore CD wasn't as reliable.

2 comments:

BBC said...

Shit, for just a bit more than three hundred bucks I can replace my whole box.

Wait, did I say box? Ha ha ha.

Most of anything that is important to me gets stored on the internet so even if my computer completely I can still go retrieve it.

And I do backups that go into a deposit box at the bank. You know, because we think all this shit is so important.

But if I quit computing tonight would it really make any difference to the rest of the world?

BBC said...

so even if my computer completely dies