Monday, October 12, 2009

animal lovers unite


Mr. G and I are planning to make a trip to the Pburgh Zoo next month, so I hopped online to make sure it would be open and to make sure there weren't any "special events" planned on the day we were thinking of going. You know, like "Bring your colicky baby to the zoo for free day"....

The main page of the zoo website shows this really cool polar bear exhibit that I'm anxious to see. It's been at least 15 years since we were there last, and we're all big animal lovers so it should be a blast.

What had me chuckling was the description of the African Savanna exhibit. It said it was the "next best thing to visiting Africa." Yeah, I always think that very thing when I visit Pittsburgh....

2 comments:

BBC said...

I go camping a lot, that is where I get my nature and animals. I haven't been in a zoo, other than this zoo, for about 20 years.

BRUNO said...

"...next best thing to visiting Africa!"

There's a GOOD-thing to visiting Africa???

Guess it depends on WHAT part, and which COUP is in power, at the time...