Sunday, September 20, 2009

i got a feeling

Mr. G and I went grocery shopping this morning and we noticed a disturbing trend. Yes, more disturbing than "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"

WalMart has changed the packaging of it's Great Value line with a vengeance. BTW, notice how you're seeing less of a variety of brands at WallyWorld and more of their OWN crap? Especially after they do their major reset. They totally purged the women's department and one sales associate told me they would only be selling ONE brand of clothing. Thanks for taking the decision making out of my hands, WalMart!

The Great Value line wouldn't be so bad if the packaging wasn't so doggone FUGLY.

Check it out. This is how the Great Value products USED to look. They're colorful and eye appealing. Hell, I want to buy shortening and cloves, and I don't even use them. 'Cept at Thanksgiving in my pumpkin pie.














This is what the cereal boxes look like now.










Next to the brand name cereals those plain boxes SCREAM "generic!!!!"
On the upside, I guess WalMart is saving a ton on colored ink....

10 comments:

BRUNO said...

Reminds me of the old military-nomenclature, such as: BEANS, WITH PORK, IN TOMATO SAUCE---NOT FOR IN-FLIGHT OR PRE-FLIGHT USE.

Or, BEEF, CHIPPED---IN GRAVY.

Good ol' Wal-Mart---"Taking you back in time, with current-day prices!"

*Goddess* said...

Never having been in the service, I'm just gonna have to take your word for that one. Didn't those meals come in cardboard boxes though?

BBC said...

WalMart has changed the packaging of it's Great Value line with a vengeance. BTW, notice how you're seeing less of a variety of brands at WallyWorld and more of their OWN crap?

No, and I really don't give a crap as long as I'm getting a good value for my buck. And I don't care how how plain the package is as long as I get a good value for my buck.

Pretty marketing costs money, just give me something good and fuck the pretty shit, good rice is good rice, the difference in the cost is how much is spent on marketing it.

I'll take it in a white sack that just says GOOD RICE if it will save me a little money.

*Goddess* said...

UGH. One more reason you'd never make it as a woman, Billy...LOL!

BRUNO said...

WW 2-era rations came both ways---K-rats(box), and C-rats(can). Korea? Not sure, but by Vietnam, pretty much everything was in metal cans. Hell, you'd even get crackers, tropical-chocolate, even hard-candy, in cans.

Then along came the MRE(Meal, Ready-to-Eat), where they put it back in a box, BUT stuffed it all in a super-heavy-duty, shit-brown-colored plastic pouch, which was almost as hard to open as the damned can!

Mushy said...

Everything we've tried has been just as good as the higher priced products.

*Goddess* said...

Yeah but it LOOKS crappy;)

BRUNO said...

Wal-Mart has some of the lowest-quality mirrors I have EVER come across! Every single one of them I've purchased in the past have given me a warped, distorted, wrinkled view of myself, while I'm shaving.

Every time I take one back for replacement, I get yet ANOTHER reject, with the same problem.

It HAS TO be somethin' to do with being Made in China...???

*Goddess* said...

LOL! And their scales ain't much better.

BRUNO said...

DAMN!!!

Ya' "zinged" me on that one, didn't ya'???