Saturday, September 05, 2009

heaven must be missing an angel if I'm here

When I went into work this evening, the woman I take care of was already in bed.

I walked into the room quietly, letting my eyes adjust to the light from the tv. I didn't say anything at first because I didn't want to scare the crap out of her, and I wanted to be sure she was just sleeping and not.....you know.........dead.

After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and looked and me, and I said, "Why are you in bed? It's only 9:15."

She said, "You know, I thought I was in Heaven and when I opened my eyes and saw you standing there, I thought you were an angel."

I said, "Sorry, not even close."

Then she said, "I think it's the blonde hair and blue eyes."

It made me think about how all of us have preconceived ideas about Heaven, Hell, angels, God, Jesus, etc.

I said, "I don't know about the blonde hair and blue eyes, but I think these jeans just scream 'ANGEL'."

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Well, I'M an angel, too---just from the "other-side" of town! Yeah, just think: She wakes-up, and sees ME standin' there, with MY wings spread-out!

Bet she'd NEVER dare to sleep again! Poor woman'd be daid within a week frum exhaustion....!