Sunday, August 30, 2009

lipstick on your collar says you were untrue

I saw this story on the news the other day when I was at work.

A guy cheated on his wife and his punishment was standing at the corner of a very busy intersection wearing a sign that read, "I cheated. This is my punishment."

I don't condone cheating, but the shame on this guy's face makes ME cringe.

The wife made him do it, but as a woman, I'd be more embarrassed with everyone finding out that I'd been cheated on. Guess she's too angry to care at this point, and I guess it says something that he wants to work things out or he wouldn't be standing out there humiliating himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would or should she be embarrassed? She didn't do anything wrong like cheat on him. HE cheated on her. He's the one who needed to be shamed for his actions. I applaude her for forcing him to do it. Perhaps he'll think twice next time he even thinks about wrecking their marriage over some fun on the side.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

I thought she might feel embarrassed because women tend to internalize everything, and she might have felt that there was something lacking in her. Not that I feel that way, but a lot of women do when their men cheat.

I see it more as a problem with him, but I sure as HELL wouldn't want everyone to know if my husband cheated on me. Some things are just too personal and painful for the whole world to know them.