Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me














I was rather RELIEVED to hear Rescue Me is going to end on September 11th, 2011, the tenth anniversary of 9/11.


I thought it was excellent in the first few seasons, but the HUGE lag time of 19 months between last season and the current season has caused me to lose a lot of interest in the show. I've seen every ep from the previous seasons and only about four or five of this one so far. I'll catch up sooner or later, even if it's when the DVD comes out, but there's not rush to watch it ASAP anymore.

IMO, the show has become too repetitive. I've mentioned before that if anyone took as many beatings as Tommy Gavin does, they'd be dead by now. And no matter how severe the beatings he took, he never ended up in the hospital. Guess it's a guy thing to crawl home and nurse your wounds.

Heck, even Tommy's sex life has become boring. Bouncing between Shelia and Janet, and anyone else he can find week after week, as if that would really happen for a guy his age. I mean Leary is good looking, but come on. Guys half his age in that fire house with rippling six packs could screw twice as often and more importantly, twice as long. Truthfully, between the beatings and the wall banging sex, I'm surprised this guy can stand.

In my opinion, the true hotties of the show were Robert John Burke (Father Mickey Gavin) and Dean Winters (Johnny Gavin).

1 comment:

BBC said...

What in the hell is Rescue Me? And why should I give a crap?