Sunday, August 09, 2009

feeling old today? you might not want to look at this...


And to show just how out of touch I am, the other day when I thought about Bruce Springsteen, I thought, "Wow, he's got to be in his forties by now...." Sigh.

Seems like just yesterday, I was sitting in 9th grade homeroom, and Barbara, the girl who sat in front of me, turned around and said, "Bruce Springsteen is coming to town!" That, my friend, was the equivalent of Moses parting the red sea in this little Boomfrick Nowhere town. When I showed no emotion whatsoever, she said, "You know who he is, right?" With as much scathing as I could muster, I said, "Of COURSE I know who he is." I had no idea who he was.


And NO! this is not MY magazine, it's Mr. G's!

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

Front-page of AARP, straight from the front-page of TIME!

And, I mean that LITERALLY, from TIME to AARP!

And---next up: A full-color centerfold, in Embalmers Monthly!!!

(Oh yes there IS such a publication called E.M.---it's no joke, really!)

*Goddess* said...

No way around it, Bruno. He's getting old while time is standing still for the rest of us. Phew!

BRUNO said...

Wonder what they'll do with Keith Richards, when he dies? Stand 'im up, mannequin-style?

Or, is he already dead? WHO CAN TELL??? LOL!!!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I think Keith has been dead for the last twenty years or so...