Tuesday, June 09, 2009

these feelings won't go away, they've been knocking me sideways

I was watching The Young and The Restless, and I have to laugh at how kids are treated today. The one little girl's teacher asked her parents if the girl was under any stress lately because she had been acting out in school. Then she suggested the girl might need therapy. We had therapy when I was little too: it was called 'Daddy's belt'. There was NOTHING that therapy couldn't cure. And right quick.

I was driving to work this morning and passed a small (in)convenience store. STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD was some old guy scratching off a damn lottery ticket. I'm thinking, "Wouldn't it be a real pisser to get hit by a car the second you realize you've won the lottery?"

I watched College Road Trip over the weekend and had to laugh at the realism of one scene. They were driving to the University of Pittsburgh and came across a sign that read, "Road construction for the next 20 miles." As a mother of a Pitt grad, I think a more accurate sign would have read, "Road construction for the next 20 years." Another thing that made me laugh about College Road Trip was Martin Lawrence as the police chief taking the PD Suburban across country on a personal trip. Uh huh....

3 comments:

BRUNO said...

My dear, you simply MUST rent out "Second-Hand Lions"! And if you don't see ME, or a couple of "OTHER" characters in there---???

(There's a BLONDE in there, as well---but I don't think I'd refer to her as your "alter-ego"---just YET...!!!)

*Goddess* said...

I have it on my NetFlix list and I keep looking for it in the free movies, but it's not on their list.

The whole time I was watching "The Water Horse," I kept thinking you might like it.

BRUNO said...

Hell, the simplest way is to find it on YouTube---has the best scenes already picked out for you! Especially the "bar-fight" scene...!