Friday, May 29, 2009

let's all go to the lobby...to get ourselves a treat

The people that I work for now have Starz and Encore free movies. It's comical because every day when I get there, one of the family members will have a movie waiting for me to watch. It's been good, though, because I've seen movies that I never would have chosen for myself. Generally if they don't fall into the 'comedy' or 'romance' category, I'm not interested.

In the last two weeks alone I've seen: Mermaids, Henry Poole is Here, Hancock, Walk Hard, The Parent Trap, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Game Plan, The Illusionist, Mad Money, Married Life, Amos & Andrew and My Kid Could Paint That.

Jeebus, I'm about movied out!

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

My wife gets to "load" the weekend "matinee" every other weekend on her schedule, before she takes the boiler-readings at 6:00 in the evening. The retirement home she works at has their own private film library. Has all the classics, as well as many of the newer issues.

Supervisor allowed her to "sneak" in a couple of ours: "Second-Hand Lions", and "Up The Down Periscope".

Family members always seem so surprised, when they realize their parents STILL have a sense of HUMOR!

(Of course, if I could afford to live in an $1800-minimum per month retirement home with all the "bells-n'-whistles", I'd likely be quite cheerful, as well! But it is a VERY beautiful home...!)