Sunday, April 19, 2009

bedtime stories

I watched Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories over the weekend. Normally, the words "Adam Sandler" would keep me from ordering a movie, but the trailer looked cute. You know how that works. You get sucked in by the trailer, because of all the funny bits, only to find out that the funny bits in the trailer were the ONLY good ones in the entire movie.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this movie. Skeeter Bronson's (Sandler) father used to tell him bedtime stories every night, and when Skeeter was asked to watch his niece and nephew, he carried on his father's tradition and told the kids stories each night. He quickly realized that the stories were coming true and tried to manipulate them for his own benefit.

I would give the movie a solid four out of five. My movie 'barometer' is based on how long into a movie I am before I check the remaining time. Almost an hour had gone by in this one hour and thirty nine minute movie before I checked, so I know I was enjoying it.

I have to say that I did NOT recognize Lucy Lawless at all in the character of Aspen. It wasn't until I was looking through the cast that I noticed her name.

Check it out. The kids will love Bugsy the guniea pig, and all the entertaining stories come to life.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Adam ?Sandler" is to acting what five kids busting thru the bedroom door on Saturday Night is to a good sex life. He's one of a very few actors/actresses whose name in a movie assures I'll never see it!!

*Goddess* said...

I know, I absolutely hate him, along with Jim Carey and his repetitive, childish bs, but this kids will love this and I'm a kid at heart. Book mark it for your little sweetie:)