Monday, March 23, 2009

it's all about goals and how to achieve them

I was doing some housecleaning--no, I'm not working that much, can ya tell?:(--and I found some old goal sheets from 1996, in which I planned to write and sell three novels. A romance trilogy! The exercise was to plan it all out and visualize your success in advance. You know the "if you can dream it, you can do it" idea. (Too bad I didn't actually DO it, huh?)

Lordy, I even wrote the ARTICLE that I wanted to run in the local paper...LOL! Here goes:

BLAH Area Woman Earns $4 Million Dollars With The Sale of Her First Novel
"Blah Blah, a Blah native, has earned over $4 million dollars with the sale of her first novel. Blah, who resides with her husband Mr. Blah, sold the rights to her romance novel, which took her one year to write.
"It's a dream to have my novel on the bookshelves," Blah said. "I've waited a long time for this, and I'm very proud of the work I've done. I know that no publishing house would have paid this kind of money to a first time novelist unless they felt it was worth it. The publishers are already talking about selling the movie rights, so naturally I'm very excited about the whole process. It would be wonderful to see my work on the wide screen!"
Blah, who is NONE OF YOUR DAMN BIDNESS, and the mother of 16 offspring, is hard at work on her next novel, which she describes as a 'romantic comedy'.
Blah has been published in various magazines and writes several humorous columns on relationships on the internet."

ONE YEAR?! LOL! It occurs to me that had I spent as much time working on the novel as I did the article, I might be finished some THIRTEEN YEARS LATER. However, I noted that I have as much trouble coming up with the names of articles as I do titling manuscripts.

Lordy, sometimes it's a hoot looking through old papers.

No comments: