Thursday, March 05, 2009

i'm a barbie girl in my barbie world

WORDS OF WIDSOM: "Nothing ruins an orgy like bumping into your own mum." Russell Brand

It's this sort of frivolous political bullshit that really annoys me. We have the all the major media industries--music, fashion, magazine, and television--drilling into our brains that we must be thin and beautiful to be anything in this world, and this jackass is wasting taxpayer money & time trying to get the now 50 year old Barbie doll banned? Way to jump right in there and take action. Thank God Eldridge didn't become a fireman.

I was standing in the elevator yesterday morning and I read the Otis Manufacturing sign stating the maximum capacity was "3000 pounds or 20 people." I'm like, "DAMN! The Otis people thinks the average person in the United States weighs 150 pounds. This must be one HELL of an old elevator." If they're going to fit 19 other people in an elevator with me and stay under the 3000 pound limit, I seriously need to start hanging around with some young children. And not those obese ones either.

Ahhh, the joys of small town living. This was undoubtedly one of the DUMBEST decisions I've ever heard. Who do they think is going to BUY a road?! Tax payers deserve to have their roads taken care of, not auctioned off because the community suddenly decides they're "too costly" to maintain. And what is going on in Lilly that the residents only two choices off of their street is a dirt road they're trying to sell and a steep hill that's impassable?! Kinda makes you want to move there, doesn't it? Yeah, me neither.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"I just hate the image that we give to our kids that if you're beautiful, you're beautiful and you don't have to be smart,"

When I hear of him hiring a 200lb plain faced woman with straight hair, but who won "Best Secretarial Qualities Of The Year" four years in a row in college, I might give him some thought.

*Goddess* said...

LOL! I was along those EXACT lines when I read the story. I was wondering what his PA looks like.