Thursday, March 05, 2009

i always feel like somebody's watching me

I love my husband, you KNOW I do, but sometimes....*insert a lot of head banging here*

Someone has been calling here lately and hanging up on me. You don't KNOW how that annoys me. I hate answering the phone in the first place, but when you're looking for work, it's sort of a necessity.

And it's not one of those computer calls where it takes them like ten seconds for the computer to connect. This is someone on the line who hangs up on me after a few seconds. I'm not wasting my money on caller ID because when this has happened in the past, it always comes up "caller unknown" or "out of calling area" or some such bullshit, even when I had that service in which we didn't accept blocked callers. Same thing if I try to *69 them.

I told my husband that we've been getting a lot of those calls lately, and he said, "Who do you think it is? What do you think they want? Why are they calling?"

S to the I to the G to the H.

He'll do the same thing if I hear a noise. I'll say, "Did you hear that?" Automatically he'll say, "What did it sound like? What do you think it is? Where's it coming from?"

I said, "Honey, it I knew all that I wouldn't have to ask YOU."

1 comment:

BBC said...

I hate answering the phone in the first place, but when you're looking for work, it's sort of a necessity.

I never answer the phone and I don't have caller ID either. My answering machine picks up on the second ring and my message is that if they don't start talking so I know who they are I'm not picking up to talk to them.

And that if I'm not here they can leave a message. I end the message with, "Have a great day."