Sunday, February 22, 2009

kiss me! I'm in the Severe Weather Center!!


I love how the local TV weathermen take themselves so seriously, considering the fact that much of the weather report is hit and miss. LARGELY miss.

Our local station has a "Severe Weather Center," already assuming that much of our weather is going to be...well, suh-vere.

What makes me laugh, though, is the news reporter will say, "We turn now to BlahBlah, who is standing in the Severe Weather Center."

That "Severe Weather Center" is located about 20 feet away from the news desk, and it consists of an identical desk and a map on the wall. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Our local station has a severe weather center as well, opened a couple years ago to great fanfare.

I like the weather channel for pure egotism. I think they like to believe they invented the weather.:)

BBC said...

I look at the weather reports online, but take them with a grain of salt and just take it as it comes at me.

We have actually had a damn nice winter here compared to a lot of the country, it's been like spring all month.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to crank up the lawnmower. The grass stays green all winter here, it just doesn't grow much.

Ha ha ha, my verification word is SPERM.... Ha ha ha.