Thursday, February 05, 2009

God, no

As I've mentioned before, one magazine that I read every month is Science of Mind magazine. They have a daily meditation and affirmation for the month, along with articles on the Science of Mind philosophy.

February's meditations start with this: "DURING this month of love, you are invited to celebrate your love affair with God. Rather than holding God as a father, mother, teacher, or friend, this month we will explore the Divine as our spiritual lover, our holy valentine. "

I'm sorry, I find it downright CREEPY to think of God as my "spiritual lover". In other readings He's described as our "paramour" and "our suitor". No, no, NO.

Yesterday, I received a post card from someone who had been in Mexico. It was postmarked the 14th of January. Now I know why people and animals who are smuggled into the country are usually dead by the time they get here. They must be smuggling them via the Mexican post office....

2 comments:

10-8 said...

For whatever reason you decided to read my blog, thanks. I am always excited to get another reader. I took the time check out Blonde intuition. Love it. Very pleasing to the eye, and you write so well. I added you to my list and look forward to reading more of your unique posts.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I bet you could strike up the kinkiest pen pal relationship you ever heard of, by a few letters to the editor with well placed innuendo's!:) That thing's a front for somebody.....