Thursday, January 15, 2009

thanks for stacking me high and tight, kids

With the weather dipping into the single digits that Christmas flask is coming in quite handy!

Mr. G and I had to take the dog to the vet right after we both got home from work, so we decided to stop at McDonald's and grab something for him to eat. I was only interested in my beloved ice tea:) I noticed that the double cheeseburgers are no longer on the $1 menu. They've been replaced by something called the McDouble. So I said to the woman, "Is the McDouble a cheeseburger?" She said, "Yes, they just have one less patty than the double cheeseburger." Hmm, let's think about that one. A double cheeseburger has two patties, so one less would be one patty. Hardly a "double" anything.

Did you see the story of the woman who is selling her virginity to supposedly pay for her education? So far it's at something like $3.7 million. She's going to have sex with the "lucky" person at the Bunny Ranch, making the entire thing legit. What had me rolling was the Bunny Ranch's comment, "Natalie is a virgin and would like to sell this priceless and rare commodity in a very exclusive and private setting." "Priceless"?! I hardly think so if she's selling it. What a load of shit.

The local news channel was doing the weather at lunch time today. The weather dude was pointing out that it was only 9 degrees at the present time. Yet in the corner of the screen where they have the time/temperature, it said, 15 degrees. This has happened two days in a row now. No wonder they can't get the snowfall amounts correct, they can't even get the right temperature on their own station.

I was watching "Malcolm in the Middle" this afternoon and the husband/wife were trying to get their affairs in order before they died. Hal told his wife that he always assumed she'd die first, then he'd kill himself a few days later. She said, "You're not going to kill yourself, Hal. You won't even rip off your own bandaids." LOL!

4 comments:

Dustin said...

I work at McDonalds. The McDouble is a double cheeseburger with only 1 piece of cheese, it has 2 meat patties. The Double Cheeseburger is now 1.19.

Single digits must be nice, it hit neg 12 here last night in Indianapolis.

*Goddess* said...

They lied to me! That's it. I'm getting one tonight. BTW, maybe you can answer this question for me: what brand of tea do they use for their ice tea? I keep trying different brands and I can't get my brewed unsweetened to taste like theirs.

How's the family? I was wondering how you've been.

*Goddess* said...

BTW, you know it's cold when single digits sound good:)

Dustin said...

They come in a special "McDonalds" pouch, just like the coffee, so I have no idea what brand it is unfortunately.

Family is good, we just added a silky terrier/chihuaua puppy to it. :)