Sunday, January 25, 2009

baby, won't you drive my pinto?

Yahoo is running a list of the ten worst cars that were rated highly when they first came out. I had to chuckle when I saw the Chevy Vega. Mr. G had one way before we met, and he agreed it was the worst car he ever owned. I love the tag line, "It’s been 38 years since the Vega appeared, and the stink still won’t wash off." LOL!

On the news the other day, I heard that some people are pushing to make Pre-K mandatory. That's ridiculous. Being in school 13 years--and for the 'repeaters' much longer--is long enough when you add on college and possibly graduate school. Taking yet another year from their childhood is insane. Why are some people so hell bent on turning BABIES & TODDLERS into grown ups? The adults are so damn competitive these days. Geez. Relax. It's ok if a child can't spew the Theory of Relativity until AFTER he's six months old....

No comments: