Tuesday, December 30, 2008

sugah sugah


I probably SHOULDN'T do this, but I feel so much better when I do, so starting New Year's Day, I'm going "sugar free" again.

For the life of me, I don't know how people can do this for years. The longest I've been able to maintain it was six months. Then I got a whiff of sugar and went insane, much the same as a crack addict getting crack after a long period of being clean. I don't remember anything, but I woke up in bed naked with Ghirardelli wrappers all around me. The shame.

My downfall is always the same. I'll be cruising along in sugar free gear and I'll think, "Ya know, I could eat sugar today, then tomorrow, I'll go right back to sugar free. I promise."
Just then, a little voice in my head begins screaming, "NOOOO! Haven't you learned your lesson, jack ass?! You've been down this route a million times! It won't work! It never works! DON'T DO IT!!"
I think, "Well, ok, I'll do it! This time it'll work!" Yeah, it works as well for me as it would for the aforementioned crack addict having a "little" crack.


For me, going 'sugar free' is a lot like having PMS. For three days, I want to kill everyone that looks at me, much less speaks to me. The bad thing is I have associated sugar with feeling good for so long that when I can't have the sugar, I get depressed and anxious. If you're not an emotional eater, you won't understand that statement at all.

But physically I feel so much better. The first thing I notice is that my stomach loses that "heavy" feeling. The second thing I notice is that my knees and other joints feel sooooo much better, no stiffness and no aching.


Time to begin my New Year's "Evolution":)

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Well, as a diabetic, I could give you FIVE good reasons within TEN seconds, as to how people can stay "sugar-free", but that wasn't the point of your post, you were making a "funny"!---LOL!!!

And as for the mood-swings? Nah, probably not---I was already a total prick BEFORE going sugar-free...!!!