Monday, December 29, 2008

pepperminty


My nephew came in from out of town to visit my mom yesterday, and he brought his kids with him. His 8 yr old daughter knows everything there is to know about everything. Not only can she name all the different variety of dinosaurs, she can name the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Care Bears and all of the apostles. Unlike my offspring. I once asked my offspring to name the apostles and the most common response was, "You mean those four or five dudes that hung out with Jesus?"

While we were visiting, my mother passed out some delicious looking candy canes. I loves me some Christmas candy cane! Just as I was about to put it in my mouth, my nephew's daughter came running over and said, "Aunt Goddess, do you know what the red in the candy cane represents?"

I said, "Why, yes, I do." Because even when I don't, I always pretend I do. Just to screw with them. "The red is for Santa's red coat."

She said, "No! The red is for the blood of Jesus."

Oooooo k, suddenly that candy cane wasn't looking so appetizing anymore...

4 comments:

Hogday said...

Funny, but mistaken!! She's confusing that with the barber's shop sign. They used to do blood-letting as well as close shaves and trim ups. Suck back on that candy cane. It still makes you a little bloodthirsty, but without the religeous guilt thing!

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, HD, but according to this article that her mother sent me--LOL!--it DOES represent the blood Jesus shed. Guess it's open to interpretation:) I've never even heard this before until she told me.
http://www.noelnoelnoel.com/trad/candycane.html

Guess this just means I need to eat peppermint bark instead...LOL!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"The red is for the blood of Jesus."
"

Per some hallucinating brain dead Jesus Freak that sees God every time the toast pops up!

I have a whole box of 'canes by my puter that I crunch/munch/suck every day. They don't represent anything - except some damn good Christmas candy!

*Goddess* said...

You bloodsucker! LOL:)