Tuesday, December 23, 2008

on the sunny side of the street

I have no idea what my "Christmas mood" really is these days. It has been an incredibly weird couple of weeks. You know I lost hours at my other job? At the very same time, a relative's relative was looking for help. The hours meshed perfectly with my other job, so I could keep them both. I was only about a mile from where I currently work now, so driving wasn't an issue either, and the pay was great. Over the weekend, the relative of my relative, who is under incredible stress trying to deal with her parents care and her job and her marriage, flipped out on my relative, the only person who was willing to help her, even when her own siblings would not. Unfortunately, I got caught in the cross fire and shit canned out of spite. Oh well. Evidently I wasn't meant to be there.

2 comments:

BRUNO said...

Their loss, your gain, believe it or not. Oh, I know you don't see it that way right now. But, now is the time for you to move on. For the low-man on the totem, it's ALWAYS his or her head on the block, especially where PERSONAL "issues" are involved. Just remember to not fall into that same trap again...

BBC said...

I pretty much hate christmas anymore. My christmas money went to help poor women in Mexico.

In the morning I'm going camping for four days.

I get by just fine on my $881.00 a month and still manage to help others but most people think they need much more than they really do.

How many people are willing to live in a 12 X 15 foot room like I do? Okay, I own a 75 X 100 foot property but it's free and clear and I have a lot stored here but I'm damned if I'm heating it all.

I'm the only thing here that cares if it is hot or cold so I'm not heating crap that doesn't care one way or the other.