Wednesday, December 03, 2008

the customer is always disappointed

I can see why Rite Aid is struggling to stay afloat financially. Yesterday was the first day of their weekly sale, so I thought I’d go in right after work and pick up the three sale items I wanted. First up, a pair of ear plugs that were $4.99, free with a $4.99 rebate. They didn’t have them because they “don’t normally carry them.” It’s a freaking SALE ITEM in your paper. If you don‘t carry it, don‘t advertise it. Next up were their bath sets. They ranged in price from $3.99 to $12.99. I wanted a couple of the $3.99 sets so I could keep them on hand for “emergency gifts.” They had tons of $12.99 sets and a couple $9.99 sets, but no $3.99 sets. I was batting a thousand. Lastly I wanted a tube of their Crest Pro-Health Whitening toothpaste. I read a magazine review of the various whitening toothpastes and this one received the best rating. It was on sale for $2.49 and there was a dollar coupon in the paper. Of course, they had none. To add insult to injury, when I went onto the Rite Aid website to complain, their email server was as shitty as their stores.

Interesting. Some family doctors are considering not giving vaccinations to children because every time they give certain shots, they lose money. And here I thought the health of our children was the most important thing to consider.

I'd like to say, "wow, isn't it great that there are still companies like this around?" but I can't since it was bought out by the Swedes. However, what a wonderful company Peer Bearing must have been!

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

A PAIR of earplugs, for $4.99???

I can see where a rebate would, indeed, be worthy. I've still got a box of 150-pairs, foam, non-corded, that only cost me $12.50!!! And, the privately-owned drugstore I use the most sells 'em for .50 a pair...!