Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"Are you there, Dog? It's me, Goddess."

I woke up early this morning around 4 a.m., and the house was dark and quiet. I knew the dog was lying on the floor when I went to sleep, but I couldn't see her. She usually spends half the night with me, and half the night with Mr. G.

Sometimes she snores as loudly as two people and other times, like this morning, she's so quiet, I can't even hear her breathing.

I rolled over and said, "Are you there, dog?" and I heard the quiet thump, thump of her tail on the carpet.

I went back to sleep. All was well in my world.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

""Are you there, dog?" and I heard the quiet thump, thump of her tail on the carpet. I went back to sleep. All was well in my world."

Spoken with the authority only a pet owner has. My cats piss me off so bad sometimes, I want to see how they look in the blender. But if I haven't seen one for an hour or two before we go to bed, I spend half the damn night looking for it - only to find it curled up beneath a shirt in the dirty clothes basket, and I fall asleep plotting revenge.:)

*Goddess* said...

I know exactly what you're talking about with those cats. One year we were having a bad snow storm and the guy on the news said, "Make sure you keep your animals inside." Well, my cat got in to some of my stuff and I yelled at him. He immediately went to the door, pouting and demanding to get out. I didn't want to let him out in the storm, but he kept bellyaching. I'm like, "FINE! GO OUT! SEE IF I CARE!" I then spent the next hour hunting for him outside in the storm...LOL! I finally found the little brat curled up in my garage, warm and cozy...which was more than I could say about myself.