Wednesday, November 12, 2008

turning towards the future

I was reading my Daily Guide in the Science of Mind magazine and one line gave me an "aha!" moment: "What we give our attention to persists in our experience."

I've been looking for a new job and I keep hearing myself saying, "I'm just not getting any calls." So now I'm perpetuating that for myself over and over by constantly confirming it.

Every time my gf emails me about my job, she'll say, "There just aren't any jobs out there," and I KNOW that's not true because my field is the one area in which they ARE hiring.

Now I have to keep canceling that out in my mind and replacing it with, "I now have a wonderful new job, with hours I enjoy, a pay I love and co-workers that are so friendly. I am blessed."

2 comments:

BBC said...

Daily Guide in the Science of Mind magazine.

Rolls eyes.... It's all a crap shoot on this planet of chaos. But the more jobs you apply for the better your chances are of snagging one.

*Goddess* said...

You can choose to believe that it's all a crap shoot, but I don't.