Wednesday, November 05, 2008

this is the day the romance died

I went through the drive thru this morning and got my usual unsweetened iced tea with lemon and my crusher was working. I could tell he was surprised to see me that late in the morning. And once again, I felt sorry for him as he tested the lid five times and smoothed it several more while he tried to come up with something witty to say. It was at that moment that I noticed his name tag: Denny. That’s it. It’s over. I can NOT see myself getting it on with a “Denny”. No way am I going to scream, “Do me, Denny!” I can hear myself screaming, “Oooh, Justin!”, “Oooooh, Caleb!”, “Oooooooooooooooooh, Officer!” but “Oooohh, Denny”?! No way. And I say this with sincere apologies to all "Dennys" reading this page, of which I’m sure there are none. Besides, what guy in his 20’s goes by “Denny”?! It should be Dennis or Den, but Denny? Gawd, sounds like he should still in grade school...or working at Mc--yeah, never mind.

As another election passes, once again, I’m saddened by all the people who said, “I wanted to vote Libertarian, but I know I’m throwing my vote away.” In the end, you have to vote your conscience. And I wonder if maybe ONE year all of those people got together and joined those of us who “threw it away” anyway, MAYBE it would make a difference? It’s just a shame that the candidate that makes the most sense is never really a contender.

I saw the FOX news van in town this morning. No doubt to interview John Murtha, who did indeed win again. Barely. After the things he’s said about us lately, I have to say, I wasn’t sorry to see him scrambling at the last minute for votes.

I loved Stephen Colbert’s reason for McCain losing New York: “The city that never sleeps would never support a candidate that goes to bed at 7:30.” LOL! Another funny line was, “Things are so bad with the US economy that Americans are now emailing Nigerian princes. Nigerian princes: don’t fall for it! It’s a scam!”

7 comments:

BBC said...

Unsweetened? Yuk.

We got sick and tired of the Republicans, and in four or eight years we will be sick and tired of the Democrats. Maybe then we can get in an Independent of some sort in to give it a shot. If we are not in anarchy.

Just how much power do people think a president has? Not that damn much.

I don't expect things to change much for the next year, other than to maybe get worse.

This country is full of people that think they are special and should be spoiled, yeah, lets see how it is in a year.

I like the man but I'm not blowing soap bubbles yet.

Mushy said...

So, I guess "Oh, Mushy" is out of the question?

I know...doesn't have that macho sound to it, does it?

Maybe you just shortin' it to "Oh, Mush!"

Fireblossom said...

LOL @ "oh Officer!" Mhm.

Love the Colbert bit about the Nigerian princes, too funny.

copluvr said...

his name isn't denny!

*Goddess* said...

THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! LOL..

copluvr said...

obviously!

copluvr said...

i'm not convinced you're really buying tea either..haha!