Friday, November 28, 2008

*loosens up the old belt*

Thanksgiving was a lovely affair. The pies were DELISH, as well as the rest of the food. (Notice dessert gets first billing?;) I forgot how much I enjoy cooking. Ok, it was the whiskey that made it fun. I had fun dressing the turkey, but I will admit that it was difficult getting his little shoes and socks on.

Female Offspring #1 brought a "friend" home with her, and he's visiting from another country. He was telling us of his family holiday traditions. The offspring were "oooh'ing and ahh'ing" about how fabulous it was, and not to be outdone, I said, "We have some wonderful traditions in our family, too."

Of course the offspring backed me up by yelling, "We do not!" "WHAT traditions?" "Nuh uh!"
I said, "We DO have traditions. What about Grandma? Every year she gets drunk and starts screaming about how we're all out of the will. That doesn't just happen by accident, ya know. And for the last ten years, we've avoided going to your Aunt Carol's for dinner by telling her we all have the flu. Another time honored family tradition." Geez.

4 comments:

BBC said...

Yes, life is uncertain, eat dessert first.

I got a ten inch pumpkin pie today for just $3.99, what a deal.

This is good time of year to stock up for a year if a person had the money for the great sales.

I don't have that kind of money I want to let go of without getting into my stash but I did buy ten pounds of hamburger and twenty pounds of pork roast.

I'll hike to the hot springs tomorrow to work off the two big meals at Thanksgiving.

*Goddess* said...

I would love to visit the hot springs. That sounds so fun and relaxing.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Hahaha! Hope you had better luck with your little overseas visitor than we did - the theiving little bast-, er child, made off with half the family silver in her trunk when she was finally thrown o-, er, waved off on her merry way.

Thanksgiving? I have trouble enough with Christmas, you Yanks are just plain masochists, so you are!

*Goddess* said...

AHA! Skeletons in your closet..literally...LOL!

Yeah, why we have to have Thanksgiving so close to Christmas is beyond me. We need to move it to June;)