Wednesday, November 19, 2008

i'm off to reno, utah!

I have seen the future of computers with touch screens and I do not like it, people! It’s hard enough keeping a laptop screen clean when no one is touching it. How long do you think it’s going to take before I smear marshmallow cream or Doritos across my screen?

And the senseless crying continues. Today on the Price is Right, Ashley Jones from B&B told the contestant that she’d have a walk on role on the show if she won the showcase and I was bawling my eyes out. GUH! Kudos to the chick this week who gave a shout-out to Joel McHale. LOL…very smart idea.

This sort of news continues to give me hope: yesterday a guy in my little corner of the world walked into a convenience store and walked out with a million dollar scratch off ticket. Good for him.

Sad news, kids. Billy Baldwin was JOKING when he said he’d leave the country if Obama won. Damn you, Billy Baldwin, for getting our hopes up! This must be a thing with the Baldwins. Alec promised to leave when Bush was re-elected, and he was a liar, too. Sigh.

I was happy to see one of my favorites, Denis Leary, on The Daily Show clarifying his comments about autism. As Jon Stewart said, “You’re an asshole, but you’re not that big of an asshole.” LOL! Apparently someone from the NY Times took the paragraph out of context as it was discussing parents who use autism as an excuse to get meds for their kids because they don’t want to take the time to deal with the real issues. He said the very next paragraph dealt with friends of his who had an autistic child and how they dealt with it.

After watching a commercial for The Chocolate News, once again I want to know what the hell is up with black guys enjoying dressing up like chicks? Eddie Murphy, The Wayan Brothers, Tyler Perry, Martin Lawrence and now David Allan Grier. YUCK. What gets me is they don’t even try to dress up as ATTRACTIVE women.

I was working on a crossword puzzle today and the clue was “Reno is here,” and there were four spaces, the second one was “t” and the last one was “h” and I’m thinking, “How in the world am I going to get Nevada out of that? No way could they be thinking Utah.” They were. Sigh.

2 comments:

BBC said...

You watch way to much TV. Touch screens have been around for over fifteen years for some applications, twenty for all I know.

White guys dress up like chicks, so why not black guys?

*Goddess* said...

How many times do you think you're going to tell me I watch too much tv:)?