Sunday, November 09, 2008

bless the beasts and the children


Debbie writes: "Why don't you talk about your kids no more?"

Well, Debbie, I didn't mention the fact that we won the lottery. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was enough to either build myself a fabulous home OR send all but the youngest offspring to boarding school for a year. For some stupid reason, you can't send a 20 month old to a boarding school. Go figure.

I cannot tell you how I agonized over this decision. (Not at all) I cried for days trying to choose between my children and my home. (I couldn't pack those brats up fast enough) Finally I decided their education was more important than my comfort. (That's what parents always say when they want to get rid of their kids) I closely vetted all the boarding schools overseas (picked the cheapest one) and finally chose one where I could keep in close contact with the offspring. They're in....in....huh. I have no idea where they are, I know it's on of those countries that ends in "land," like "Greenland," "Iceland," or "Mainland...China." I'll find out when they all come flooding home for a joyous Christmas reunion. (Damn Christmas vacations)

2 comments:

BBC said...

Ha ha ha.

Shrinky said...

Bwaa-ha-ha! Oh hon, if only, huh? (Still laughing my invisible socks off..)