Wednesday, October 15, 2008

when I was a little boy way back home in Liverpool, my mama told me I was great

Did you see the news story in which Ringo Starr announced he no longer wants to receive letters/packages from fans? A year or two from now, he'll be CRYING for attention from fans. Ask any previously famous child star who now spends their time getting arrested. Some celebs piss me off. They want to be famous as long as they don't have to deal with those pesky fans.

I had to go to the dentist first thing this morning and I only left myself ten minutes to get to the office. Less worry time that way. I walked around the side of the house and there was the dog that comes around the neighborhood looking for food sitting at my back door. I said, "I don't have time to feed you right now. Come back later and I'll get you some food." I came back an hour later and she was laying in the driveway waiting for me:)

I have two small cavities...boo. But that's pretty good considering I haven't been to the dentist since July '07. I thought I lost a small filing, but he said it's actually decaying a little around the filling. I do have to laugh, though, because every time the dentist is finished working on me, he leans back & says, "You survived:)." I can't help it. I'm totally tense the entire time, even when he's cleaning my teeth.
And THANK GOD, the dentist cleaned my teeth and not that ANNOYING chick he has working for him. She took a patient the same time I went in and when I left 20 minutes later, that poor guy was still flat on his back listening to her ramble on about her kids. It wouldn't be bad--you can tune her out--but apparently she wasn't born with the ability to work and talk at the same time, thus turning a quick 20 minute appointment into a 50 minute horrifying experience. The time she cleaned my teeth while going on and on about her gay ex-boyfriend, I wanted to grab one of her tools and clean my own damn teeth.

No comments: