Tuesday, October 28, 2008

i'm not over you just yet

It's so strange how life works. Last night I came across this blog that mentioned "crossfitting" and I had no idea what it was. I thought it had something to do with Jesus and exercising:) Tonight I'm reading my email account and one of the stories questions the safety of CrossFitting. Weird.

Speaking of the cops in our town--great segue way , huh? I’m starting to feel rather sad for the cops in the small town where I walk. There are only 8 cross streets and 4 uppie/downies. They literally start at the bottom of town and work their way up and down each street. Yes, they’re that bored. If you’re walking and you catch their eye, they will IMMEDIATELY drive by to check you out. And you can almost hear what they’re thinking, “Lord, please let this chick have a bag of weed hanging out of her back pocket or a crack pipe behind her ear. Do NOT let her just be exercising. Let her be here to make a drug deal or a prostitution deal or a---oh, crap. She’s just exercising. Sigh. Now what street was I on?”

Saturday night I was waiting for the baseball game to start and they were showing eps of “Til Death” because of the rain delay. On one episode, Joy was stopped by a cop, and I really wish I had the clip because it was hilarious. First she flashed her cleavage and then when he asked to see her license and registration, she leaned over to get it out of the glove compartment and knelt on one knee and stuck her ass in the air. It was so funny. The cop gave her a ticket and she was bummed because she felt like her sexy days were behind her. At the end, an old guy gave her a twenty five cent break on her $5.25 parking tab and she was psyched. “We’re calling it even at five bucks. Did you hear that, people? I’ve still got it!” I’m like, “hmm that sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I heard it before….McDonald’s six cents tax break on ice tea…twenty five cent break on a a parking tab…hmm, can’t figure it out where I've heard this before.....”

I watched "What Happens In Vegas" tonight....meh.

1 comment:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Speaking of the cops in our town--great segue way , huh? I’m starting to feel rather sad for the cops in the small town where I walk. There are only 8 cross streets and 4 uppie/downies. They literally start at the bottom of town and work their way up and down each street."
Our town is a bit bigger, but not by much. The Mayor almost got hit by a car as he was coming out of church, and demanded a "crackdown" on speeders. Holy Jesus! Our boys wrote some freaking tickets, let me tell you! So many that the court docket is plugged up seven months ahead, sixteen people have hired lawyers to fight their tickets, further slowing the process, and there are at least two lawsuits against the city that I've heard of so far.

Our cops are much more like cowboys.

Very wild ones.