Sunday, October 05, 2008

baby it's cold outside

I saw something for sale on QVC yesterday that I never thought anyone would want to buy. They were called something like "Modesty Inserts" for your bra and it was thicker in the middle to hide the fact that your nipples were hard. Hell, I've seen inserts with FAKE nipples so I was really surprised to see that these were really being bought up. One middle school teacher called and said she had to have them. Ok, I get that because boys and their hormones. One of the funny things was Leah's "salesmanship" on these. She said, "Because everybody knows when it's cold outside..." LOL! But seriously, so what if they do? I don't get why we should be overly concerned by the fact that our nipples get hard from time to time? Heck, if my nipples get hard, I want EVERYONE to know. We can't control our nipples any more than guys can control their hard-ons. Don't women get bombarded with ENOUGH messages about our bodies and shame in our society?

Is it my imagination or is Suze Orman becoming more and more obnoxious lately? I used to like her, but now she's just snotty and annoying. "The other day I was standing in line, buying something *I* could afford..." Well, good for you, Suze. We get that you're a financial genius and we know you have millions and millions saved, because you've made a point to tell us. Weee! Try relating to people as ADULTS for a change, not unruly children with you as all knowing teacher and task master.

I'm sorry, but this is downright creepy. There's a woman in London who makes lifelike baby dolls and in the video clip I saw, some women are taking them out in public in strollers and creating nurseries for them! One woman said that she didn't have time to devote to a real baby, so this satisfied her motherly urges. I guess you can't put a price on a mother's love for her "child". Oh, yeah, you can....$4000.

3 comments:

BBC said...

They were called something like "Modesty Inserts" for your bra and it was thicker in the middle to hide the fact that your nipples were hard.

I guess they are for christians and other fucked up monkeys? I spent this weekend at the kinetics races and I saw more nipples that wanted to be seen than you could shake a dick at.

I'll start posting about them in the morning.

sauerkraut said...

oh mah gawd... here I thought the reading was just gonna be about politics and you sneak in nipple chat!

Come visit me some day when it's cold outside, okay?

oy.

I'd better get back to mudflats politics before I sound too much like bill clinton. ...

*Goddess* said...

Sorry, SK, other than a bitch here and there, I leave the political writing to the people who know it:)