Thursday, September 18, 2008

why are we still in denial when we know we're not happy here?

I have to go back to work a day early because apparently Overtime Hawg is in the hospital. She actually asked the boss if she could let her sister work for her so she "wouldn't lose any money". Yeah, let your sister work 57 hours and take all the money. Niiiiiiice. Normally, I'd be glad for the extra $, but it seems like these last three days off have been a flurry of activity with no time to relax. I filled my tank with gas on Friday evening before work and it's already on a quarter of a tank from all the running I had to do Sunday through Wednesday. Sigh.

I've decided to start walking again, and I had a really nice walk this afternoon. The humdittity has broken--thank You, God--and it was a sunny, cool 60ish afternoon, the perfect kind, IMHO. I've discovered that walking to music is much more fun than without, and a good song to walk to because of the beat is P Diddy's "Last Night," as well as OutKast's "Hey Ya!" Besides fall, my favorite time to walk is right when winter starts--when you just have a coating of snow and it's getting dark out, and all is quiet.

I received a begging letter--as Grandma used to call them--from a scholarship fund for American Indians. I was reading through one of the student's letters and she said, "I plan to pay for college mainly through scholarships. I am hoping that I won't have to rely on getting lots of loans. I fear that if I have to get a couple jobs to pay for school, I won't be able to dedicate the time I need to for my school work and studying." That last comment turned me off right there. MANY students hold down jobs and get good grades in college because they have to rely on loans. As a matter of fact, that's how my daughter has been paying for her education all along, so suck it up, buttercup.

Wow. Catholic schools sure have changed since I went to one if this is the sort of stuff they 'study'.

3 comments:

Mushy said...

As if I didn't already have enough to analyze when I watch women walk by!

Shrinky said...

Love the new look site, but girl, I have a serious bone to pick with you here - what the fuck is going on inside this private site of yours and WHY the hell have I not been invited in?????????? (Okay, granted I have been AWOL for a wee time, but even so.. hmph!)

(Serious pout as I stamp my foot.)

BBC said...

I'm not sold on how a walk has anything to do with that. I haven't been with a lot of women but enough to know that the two that climaxed as soon as I stuck it in them did not have sexy walks at all.

In fact there was nothing sexy about them in many ways, but they loved sex and got off right away but still enjoyed me until I was done.

As for college, no ones education starts until after that. Better to go to a trade school and learn a trade.

Well, college is okay if you want to become a doctor.